STRAWBERRY CHEESE SHORTCAKES
GLUTEN FREE - LOW SUGAR
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 2 tablespoons golden flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1/4 cup all natural plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup all natural plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup all natural cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 6 large strawberries, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix oat flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, sugar, yogurt, vanilla and coconut oil until fluffy.
Add to flour and mix until well blended.
- Spoon 1 heap tablespoon of batter per shortcake into a lightly oiled cookie sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes until lightly golden at edges. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
Makes 1 dozen shortcakes.
- Topping. In a mixer bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and yogurt until smooth.
Place 1 tablespoon of cheese topping and half strawberry on each shortcake.
Keep refrigerated until served.
Recipe posted 8.18.2015 © BreakfastMagic.com