PEANUT BUTTER BARS
- 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup all natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup low sugar grape jelly (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, beat together eggs, honey, peanut butter, and yogurt until smooth and fluffy.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Add liquid ingredients to flour and mix well.
- Pour the peanut butter batter into a lightly oiled, 9x13 baking pan, spread it evenly. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool for at least 30 minutes, cut in half and spread 1/4 cup of peanut butter evenly on one piece, 1/4 cup of jelly on the other;
put them together, and cut into bars. Store in a closed container or plastic bag; refrigerate, or freeze.
Good plain, with peanut butter and jelly, or just a peanut butter filling.
Recipe posted 8.23.2014 © BreakfastMagic.com