ORANGE PECAN BARS
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground golden flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil for greasing
- 1 cup low sugar natural orange jam
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease large 9x13 baking pan with oil, or line the pan with parchment paper, and oil.
- In a small bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, vanilla and yogurt until smooth; takes about 30 seconds using an electric hand mixer.
- In a larger bowl, combine flour, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add liquid ingredients to flour
and mix well.
- Spoon batter into the pan and smooth with wet spatula. Bake for 20 minutes. Take out of the oven, gently spoon orange jam on top and sprinkle with nuts.
Return to oven and bake for additional 10 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.
Recipe posted 11.30.2014 © BreakfastMagic.com