- 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ground golden flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 dried Medjool dates, pitted, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, beat together egg, honey, vanila, and yogurt until smooth;
takes about 30 seconds using a hand electric mixer.
- In a larger bowl, combine flour, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda and salt;
add liquid ingredients to flour and mix well. Combine with chopped dates and ground almonds.
- Lightly oil 9x9 baking pan, line with 9x15 parchment paper, lightly brushed with oil.
Pour the batter into the pan and spread it evenly. Bake for about 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool in pan for at least 30 minutes, gently pull out, and cut into bars.
Recipe posted 1.19.2015 © BreakfastMagic.com