CHOCOLATE CHIP BARS
- 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ground golden flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup all natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini, dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, beat together eggs, honey, peanut butter, vanila, and yogurt, until smooth and fluffy.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Add liquid ingredients to flour, mix well; combine with chocolate chips.
- Pour the chocolate peanut butter batter into a lightly oiled, 9x13 baking pan, spread it evenly. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool in pan for at least 30 minutes, cut in half; gently remove from the pan to a cutting board. Spread 1/4 cup of peanut butter evenly on one half;
top with the remaining half and cut into bars. Store in a closed container or plastic bag; refrigerate, or freeze.
Recipe posted 9.7.2014 © BreakfastMagic.com