ALMOND FRENCH TOAST
- 8 slices white bread, crust removed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract (optional)
- 1 cup ground almonds (flour) for breading
- virgin coconut oil for cooking
- 4 tablespoons almond butter, divided
- sliced almonds for topping
- chocolate syrup:
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pure almond extract (optional)
- Put chocolate chips, almond milk and extract into a small glass mixind bowl; microwave for 1 minute, mix well.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs with almond milk and extract.
- Spread ground almonds over a large plate or cutting board.
- Dip each bread slice, one at a time, into the egg mixture, do not oversoak; place over ground almonds, and
cover it on both sides.
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil, place 4 slices of bread, and cook on both sides until golden brown.
Repeat with the remaining bread.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of almond butter between the 2 toasts. Top with the chocolate syrup and sliced almonds.
- Great for breakfast, or dessert. Taste like a cake!
Recipe posted 7.10.2014 © BreakfastMagic.com